Clafouti(s) - Fruit with Chocolate
- 1- 2 cups sweet cherries- fresh or frozen, stemmed and pitted. Have enough to line the bottom of your dish
- 3 Large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour (gluten free works well with this recipe)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Whole or low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup Large-chopped semi-sweet chocolate (optional)
- Softened butter, for preparing the baking dish
- Powdered sugar for dusting the finished cake
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 inch pie plate or a shallow baking dish liberally with butter.
- 2. Lay the fruit in a single layer in the baking dish.
- 3. In a standard blender, or using an immersion blender and a bowl, mix the eggs, flour, vanilla, cup sugar, and milk together until smooth.
- 4. Pour the batter over the cherries.
- 5. Sprinkle the chocolate over the top.
- 6. Bake the clafoutis for about 45 minutes- custard should be set and the top brown. This does rise up - Check with a knife, it should come out clean.
- 7. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes- the top will sink- this is alright.
- 8. When ready to serve sprinkle with the powdered sugar.
Warm is best, but I eat this for breakfast the next day cold and it is still delicious. It's a wonderful pairing withe Breathless Blanc de Noirs! Cheers!
You know you want to
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions and get 10% off your next order.