04. Penny's Apple Cranberry Galette
- Refrigerator pie dough- I like to keep these in the freezer then take them out about an hour ahead before use or until thawed.
- 3 Apples, cored and sliced- I like to use granny smith, or golden delicious
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries
- 2 tbsps Packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 4 tbsps Butter
- 1 tbsp White sugar
- Lemon zest
Preheat over to 400° F
Lay pie dough onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
Prep your fruit filling: Combine sliced apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, dried cranberries, AP flour, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Gently fold to coat apples. Arrange apple slices on top of the dough, leaving a 1 1/2" border around the edge. Break up butter into pieces and place on top of apples. Fold the edge nearest to you towards the center. Rotate sheet plan slightly and repeat, until all edges are folded towards fruit.
Bake until crust is golden and fruit is tender, 35 to 45 minutes depending on how cold the dough and apples are. Check after 35 minutes and adjust from there. When golden brown and bubbly, remove from oven and sprinkle the white sugar and the lemon zest over the top of the pie. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing.
You know you want to
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions and get 10% off your next order.Sign Up